Friday, July 29, 2005

Bountiful Beautiful Blissful


It's August, so I am leaving for a month in Scotland without my pager...what an amazing concept. Being on call 24/7 can take its toll. Think of those lucky ones who are due in September. They will receive a fully rejuvenated me! And I do hope I don't come home to find my backup was busy with everyone! Fingers crossed!

While I'm away, I hope each of you takes some time to browse the shelves at Banyen Books. My favorite book of 2005 is "Bountiful, Beautiful, Blissful", by Gurmukh. Don't be scared off by thinking it may be too flakey - it's not, and incorporates many of the words and concepts that I use when working with pregnant and labouring women (I even sang "Row, row, row your boat" to myself during my second labour in 1987). When I read Gurmukh's book I feel as if she and I know each other intimately, and have been using each other's phrases for years. So, have a good read!

- Jacquie Munro, Vancouver Doula

No comments: