Wednesday, August 31, 2005

We're Home!

I've only been home from Scotland for less than 48 hours...and two new babies have already arrived. They were waiting for me to come home! One bonnie boy made a dramatic entrance...one leg born in Ladner, and the rest at BC Women's hospital. Spontaneous vaginal footling breech - less than 2 hours from start to finish, and no warning of the breech! What a night! Then a grand boy arrived at lunch-time today - almost 9 pounds of him. I think I can now change from Greenwich Mean Time to Pacific Time.

The trip to Scotland was the best yet! My son's band won the Juvenile World Pipe Band Championship title, Best Drum Corps, and Best Bass. Our Alex, as lead drummer, went up before 40,000 people to accept the trophy for best drum corps. What an amazing day!

And the views from the Dumyat...the sheep...the castles...the ferns and heather...
...they will be missed.

- Jacquie Munro, Vancouver Doula

No comments: