Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Into Dad's Hands

Dad caught the baby...then mum writes...

"...I haven't called as there have been no questions, no stress, no concerns. It has been unbelievable. I was prepared for chaos and tears and frustration and there hasn't been any. Just lots of quiet time getting to know one another, long walks in the neighbourhood in the early evening and tons of smiles. I still have moments where I have to pinch myself when I look at him, he just seems so unbelievably perfect to us.

I want to thank you so much for being there with us during his birth. There were many times throughout the experience when I was so relieved to have you there with us. It was an enormous comfort. You had the words I was looking to hear and I thank you for them. I was very lucky to have had my path cross with yours. I know we will have another opportunity to work with you again in the future and I look forward to it!" - Cohen's mum

3 comments:

t said...

thanks again jacquie, your presence was such an important part of my experience. i hope you are enjoying a wonderful vacation!

reading your blog today made me realize that i never did send you the link to my birth story. i thought it might be of interest to those considering hiring you as i believe it shows just how important it was for us to have you there. it can be found here.

take care

doulicia said...

And where'd you find the gorgeous photo?

Jacquie Munro said...

I took the photo...and cropped it so dad and baby are the main focus. And talking about great photos...check out t's site with more photos of this beautiful baby.